Puget Sound seeks candidates who can engage students in study and research in diverse areas of the neuroscience field. Although the area of specialization within neuroscience is open, successful candidates will have demonstrated involvement in the spectrum of neuroscience application settings, from basic research to its clinical applications and philosophical implications. The school's interdisciplinary focus and geographic location provide numerous opportunities for research and collaboration with faculty at Puget Sound, other local universities, and clinical and research institutions.
The successful candidate will be appointed in a home department consistent with his or her area of expertise. Departments currently participating in the Neuroscience Program include: Biology, Computer Science, Exercise Science, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Philosophy, and Psychology. http://www.pugetsound.edu/academics/departments-and-programs/undergradua...
A full-time faculty position at Puget Sound includes six course equivalents in an academic year. The Caruthers Chair includes four course equivalents for teaching, one course equivalent for research, and one course equivalent for program administration.
The successful candidate will:
* Teach two courses in the Neuroscience Program, including Foundations of Neuroscience and Senior Seminar: Special Topics in Neuroscience.
* Teach two course equivalents (two courses or one course with lab sections) in the candidate's home department.
* Establish a productive research program that directly involves undergraduates. One course equivalent is provided to supervise independent student research and to continue professional development.
* Serve as Neuroscience Program Director, providing program administration, inclusive of developing opportunities for student internship and research experiences, fostering community connections, and coordinating a speaker series. One course equivalent is provided for program direction.
* As a Puget Sound faculty member, other duties include continuation of professional development, advising undergraduates, and participation in departmental and university governance.
To apply, go to: http://www.pugetsound.jobs/applicants/Central?quickFind=51418