Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty: Behavioral Neuroscience
The Department of Psychology at Quinnipiac University University is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Behavioral Neuroscience to begin Fall 2019. Teaching responsibilities will include introductory and advanced courses in behavioral neuroscience as well as some combination of required sequence courses (Introductory Psychology, Statistics, Introductory and Advanced Research Methods, and Senior Capstone).
The department is particularly interested in an individual with a research specialization in behavioral, clinical, or molecular neuroscience using traditional or nontraditional animal models or human subjects.
The energetic 14 member department serves upward of 320 psychology and 80 behavioral neuroscience majors and is dedicated to providing students with an outstanding education in the science of psychology and behavioral neuroscience. The department currently has research space that is shared among members of the department; no neuro-imagining facility is available.
- Embrace a teacher-scholar model with excellence in teaching and scholarship expected
Teaching load is generally 3 courses per semester
- Teaching responsibilities will include introductory and advanced courses in behavioral neuroscience as well as some combination of required sequence courses (Introductory Psychology, Statistics, Introductory and Advanced Research Methods, and Senior Capstone)
- Publish impactful research in peer-reviewed journals and present research findings at academic conferences
- Design and deliver in-class and out-of-class learning experiences that engage and motivate student learning
- Serve as an academic advisor to students and assist student with career development
- Serve on Departmental and/or College of Arts & Sciences and/or University committees
Qualifications include an earned PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience or a related field by August 15, 2019
- Research specialization in behavioral, clinical, or molecular neuroscience using traditional or nontraditional animal models or human subjects
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching effectiveness
- Evidence of a commitment to service and support of students
- Established record of or demonstrated potential for impactful research
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Potential to make significant service contributions to the Department, College of Arts & Sciences, University and community
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Evidence of teaching excellence (e.g., teaching evaluations, observations, portfolios, syllabi, projects)
- A clear description of an ongoing and future research program
- Representative research papers
- Three (3) letters of reference
Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline for receipt of applications is January 15. Questions regarding the position should be addressed to Anne Eisbach at [email protected]
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.