Manual Dues - Payment By Check
Assuming that the user's account has already been setup, receiving a payment by check requires: 1) generating an dues order, and 2) registering the payment.
- Generate a dues order
- From the Dues menu, choose Create
- Select "Search for an Existing Customer" and search by the exact email or the user making the payment (image1)
- Select the new account and choose "Create Order" (image 2)
- Under products, select the appropriate dues level and click "Add" (image 3)
- You may adjust the cost of the dues level, if necessary (image 4)
- You can add an administrative comment to document the changes you are making (image 5)
- Click Submit Changes to save the new dues order
- From this point, you can access a Dues Invoice to send to the new user if they have not yet paid.
- Register the dues payment
- Assuming the user has paid their dues, next click the Payments tab for the order you have created
- Choose the payment type and amount (image 6)
- Click ENTER
- On recording the payment, the user will be granted the required membership role. An email notification and receipt will be automatically sent. (image 7)
Image 1, Step 1.2: Search results in the order creation page. Search by email address and select the email of the new account you have created.
Image 2, Step 1.3: Once the correct account is selected, choose create order
Image 3, Step 1.4: From the order page, select "Add product", select the appropriate dues level, and add it to the order.
Image 4, Step 1.5: A new line item for the order will appear. You can adjust quantity, price, etc. Don't adjust the SKU.
Image 5, Step 1.6: Add a comment to indicate that this order was created manually.
Image 6, Step 2.2: Enter the type and amount of payment received.
Image 7, Step 2.4: You will see a confirmation that the user has been granted a new role and it's new expiration date.