Still Accepting Award Nominations for FUN Awards
This is just a friendly reminder that the FUN Awards committee is still accepting nominations for this year's FUN faculty awards to be given during the FUN Social in San Diego, CA. A list of awards can be found below. Please e-mail your letters of nomination to Leah Chase at [email protected] by October 15. As a reminder, FUN award nominations can be submitted any time during the year and remain active for more than one cycle. So take a few moments and nominate a fellow colleague for one of these awards today!
- The Educator Award is given annually to a regular member or fellow of FUN in recognition of notable efforts related to promoting effective teaching of neuroscience at the undergraduate level, and is based on a nominating letter from a member.
- The Career/Lifetime Achievement Award is FUN's highest honor and is also based on a nominating letter from a member. The Career/Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding efforts on behalf of undergraduate neuroscience education and research. Outstanding efforts may include singular achievements that have provided wide benefit to the undergraduate neuroscience community, or sustained efforts across years.
- The Service Award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding efforts towards the continuing development of FUN as an organization.
- The Mentor Award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions as mentors for young neuroscientists.
- The FUN Award for Fostering Diversity & Inclusivity: recognizes individuals who have made extraordinary efforts promoting diversity and inclusivity in undergraduate neuroscience education. Outstanding support of diversity may include the development of programs that substantially enhance the advancement of students and/or faculty from diverse backgrounds, successful and inclusive mentoring of diverse students and/or faculty, or fostering inclusive classroom/laboratory environments for all to succeed in science.