Using the FUN website
FUN lanched a new membership-management website on February 10, 2020.
Check your profile and preferences: With the transition to the new website, we are asking members to review their profiles. In particular:
- The new website (finally) supports international addresses and phone numbers. However, because the old website did not record this information, details on our internaitonal members did not alway import properly. Please especially check your state/province, mailing code, country, and phone number. These often ended up set to defaults (e.g. 11111 for mailing code) and country was often set to Ontario Canada!
- We were missing join dates for many members in the old system. Please take a moment to check yours--if it is missing or doesn't make sense, update it (to the best of your memory). We'd love to get this cleaned up so that we can go back to celebrating membership anniverseries.
- Check your preferences for your listing in the directory.
- If you aren't signed up for the FUN listserv, now's a great time to sign up (this is seperate from membership). Please be sure to submit an .edu email. Register here: https://lists.funfaculty.org/mailman/listinfo/fun_mail
A: Thank you for your interest, if you would like to learn more about becoming a member of the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience, please click click here.
A: The primary account holder (faculty member or a designated administrative assistant) must log in to the Member Portal first. If you are the primary account holder, follow directions in the question below. If you are not the primary account holder, please contact the primary account holder at your university to add you to your company's profile. Directions to add new faculty members to your account can be found below.
A: If you know your username and password please click here to login. If you do not know your username and password you can retrieve that information by clicking here and entering the email address that was used to sign up for your account.
A: To update your profile, click on "My Profile" in the member portal menu. Review your information, make changes as necessary, and click on the "Save Changes" button to update your profile.
Please note: All "required" fields must be filled out prior to updating your profile otherwise changes will not be saved.
Q. How do I add my profile to the FUN online member directory?
A: In order to add your member profile to appear in the online member directory, please use the following steps:
- Click here to login to your member account
- Click on "My Directory Options" in the member portal menu on the right hand side
- Click to select your category(s) from the "Directory Categories" section
- Please Note: In order for your profile to appear in the online member directory a directory category must be selected
- Under the "Directory Display Options" section, click to select each contact information field you wish to have displayed in the online member directory
- Click on the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page when finished
A: To add new faculty members to your university's existing sponsorship with FUN, click on "My Associates" in the member portal menu.
Note: Please check the "Review/Modify a Contact" dropdown menu on this page to ensure the associate has not already been added
Click on "Add an Affiliate" or "Add a Rep" to add an associate to your company account
There are two types of faculty you can add. Each has different levels of permission within the member portal:
Note: For each Affiliate or Rep that you add to your university-level sponsorship account you will be creating a username and password for each one. This username and password that you set for each would need to be provided to each affiliate or rep so that they can access their account. An alternative option would be to guide them to the [password reset page here-insert link here] so that they can enter their email address for their new account you setup and submit in order to receive an email with their username and a temporary password.
All faculty types are able to register for events and training.
A: If you are the Primary or Affiliate contact for the University, you can manage employee profiles under "My Associates" in the member portal menu. Select the individual you wish to change or delete from the "Review/Modify a Contact" dropdown menu. Once their profile loads, make changes as necessary and select "Save Changes" to update their profile or select "Delete Contact" and "Save Changes" to delete the contact.
A: You can renew your company's membership with FUN by selecting "Membership Renewal" in the member portal menu. To pay for membership dues by credit card, select "Register & Pay Online".
Username & Password Assistance
A: If you are a current member of FUN you can retrieve your username and a temporary password via email by clicking here and entering the email address that was used to sign up for your account.
A: If you attempt to retrieve your credentials and your email does not match what we have on file please contact the FUN webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A: Please proceed to the login page and type in your username and temporary password.
A: We recommend that you type the username and password that was provided via email. If you copy and paste the selection into the username and password fields, sometimes you are copying and pasting an extra "space" which the system will not recognize.
A: You can retrieve your username and a temporary password as many times as you wish but the system will send you additional emails. Note that the most recent email you've received will contain the temporary password that will allow you to access your account.
A: First, log in to your profile. Next, visit the Bookmark section on the right-hand side of your Profile page and click Events & Registrations. This will take you to the Event Calendar. Click on the event for more details and to complete your registration.