Thursday July 30 - Saturday August 1, 2020
A Special FUN 2020 Summer Virtual Meeting:
Teaching, Learning, and Mentoring Across Distances
To be held ONLINE
Free of Charge and Open to all FUN Members
Join FUN or renew your membership now!
FUN will hold a summer virtual meeting to bring together our community at this critical moment in higher education. As you know, the 2020 FUN Workshop at Davidson College was cancelled due to public health concerns. This summer virtual meeting will focus on neuroscience teaching tools for distance education and strategies for meeting the present challenges. A complete schedule will be released soon, and will include:
- Keynote address by Dr. Mays Imad, Ph. D., author of ‘10 strategies to support students and help them learn during the coronavirus crisis’ and ‘Seven recommendations for helping students thrive in times of trauma’ in Inside Higher Ed.
- Demonstrations of online neuroscience laboratory exercises and lessons
- Talks focused on remote teaching and learning strategies and experiences
- A virtual “what works” poster session
- Moderated discussions on topics related to:
- How to promote inclusivity and student success in distance education
- How to prioritize and achieve learning objectives in the current context
- Hosted socials for informal networking and small group discussions
Questions about FUN’s Summer Virtual Meeting?
Email co-chairs Alo Basu (email@example.com) and/or Jason Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)