Communicating with FUN
General announcements/communications -- FUN will reach out to you with emails announcing new website content, calls for applications for various programs, newsletters, new issues of JUNE, etc. Most emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your spam folder--and if anything is being flagged mark funfaculty.org as a safe sender.
Conversation - the main mechanism for convesation among FUN members is the FUN listserv. You must sign up for the listserv--this does not happen automatically when you join FUN. You can register for the listserv here (https://lists.funfaculty.org/mailman/listinfo/fun_mail).
- Once registered, you send messages by writing an email to : email@example.com
- If you reply to an email from the list-serv the default is for your reply to go to the entire list. Please be aware and be thoughtful. Take conversations not relevant to the whole list to one-on-one channels.
- The listserv is not for commercial solicitations, ads, etc.
- There is also an online archive of past conversations. FUN does not moderate the listsev, but only members may join. The archive is PUBLIC.
- To keep your inbox from filling up, it can be helpful to turn on the digest setting to recieve 1 email per day or week with a summary of all postings.
- The listserv will only post messages from the email you registered. So if you sign up with your instutional email an email from your gmail account will bounce--it will not be delivered.
- Post job ads -- Members can post job announcements directly to the FUN website. Just be logged in as a member of good standing and navigate to http://fun.membershipsoftware.org/jobs_addnew.asp. If you don't see the posting form, be sure you are logged in and up to date on dues.
- Events - To post an event, send details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2-3 days for a response and posting.
- General announcements:
- The listserv is a great place to post announcements/questions. Remember that not all members choose to subscribe.
- You can submit announcements and other content to the newsletter. Newsletters are published about 4 times a year. Email email@example.com.
- Need something posted to a website page or the website blog? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailing the membership
- Contact email@example.com to discuss possibilities for emailing the membership (e.g. for a research survey). Please do not scrape the directory and send out emails on your own.