So, you've joined FUN..... what next?
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Stay informed:
- Make https://www.funfaculty.org a homepage tab on your browser. This is where you can find the most up-to-date information on all FUN programs.
- Join the conversation:
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed on all the latest FUN news!
- Register your email with the FUN listserv. You can use this list to join in the conversation--send queries out to FUN members, post announcements, share teaching tips, etc. (Replies to the mailing list go to everyone on the list!)
- Connect with FUN members:
- Each year at the annual Society for Neuroscience meeting, FUN organizes a range of activities: a poster-session and social for undergraduate researchers, a FUN booth with merchandise and conversation, and much more. Each year details will be posted here.
- Every few years FUN organizes a summer teaching workshop. Sadly, because of COVID-19, the 2020 workshop was cancelled, but the FUN Education Committee is hard at work to develop the next workshop, to be held in 2023. You can browse the materials from previous workshops here.
- FUN members also organize regional neuroscience meetings. Details on some are here.
- Be heard:
- Submit a short article to the FUN newsletter--we publish teaching tips, resource reviews, perspectives, reports on brain awareness week activities, and much more. Inquire or send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a paper to JUNE, the online peer-reviewed journal of neuroscienc education. Your work will be seen widely, as JUNE is indexed in PubMed.
- Collect data:
- The FUN Equipment Loan Program gives faculty the opportunity to use laboratory equipment for two years free of charge! Collect the pilot data you need to get that next grant, without using your startup funds!
- Take your students to the SfN Annual Meeting:
- Your undergraduate student can present a research poster at the annual SfN Meeting, and the FUN Travel Award Program can help defray the cost.
- Volunteer to:
- Review papers for JUNE (Contact Raddy Ramos, Editor-in-Chief)
- Serve as a Travel Award judge (email email@example.com for details and to volunteer)
- Serve as an Equipment Loan Program judge. Details on the program are here. Email the current program chairs for details and to volunteer.
- Help out by keeping FUN's social media presence fresh or develop new content for the FUN website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be part of the newsletter editorial staff. Email email@example.com.
- Serve on a committee, or stand for election to the executive board. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about standing for election, the nomination process, election timeline, etc.