So, you've joined FUN..... what next?
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Join the conversation:
- Register your email with the FUN listserv. You can use this list to join in the conversation--send queries out to FUN members, post announcements, share teaching tips, etc.
- Watch your email for the quarterly FUN newsletter and other announcements. Be sure firstname.lastname@example.org is marked by your mail program as a safe sender.
- Connect with FUN members:
- Each year at the annual Society for Neuroscience meeting, FUN organizes a range of activities: a poster-session and social for undergraduate researchers, a FUN booth with merchandise and conversation, and much more. Each year details will be posted here.
- Every 3 years FUN organizes a FUN workshop. The next workshop will be July 31 to Aug 2 2020 at Davidson College (there is also an optional pre-conference workshop focused on lab activities). Registration is open! You can also browse the materials from previous workshops here.
- FUN members also organize a range of regional neuroscience meetings. Details on some are here.
- Be heard:
- Submit to the FUN newsletter--we publish teaching tips, resource reviews, perspectives, reports on brain awareness week activities, and much more. Inquire or send submissions to email@example.com.
- Submit a paper to JUNE, the online peer-reviewed journal of neuroscienc education. FUN members have reduced page fees (which are modest ot begin with). JUNE is indexed in Pubmed.
- Volunteer to:
- Review papers with JUNE
- Serve as a travel-award judge (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to volunteer)
- Serve as an equipment-loan judge. Details on the program are here. Email the current program chairs for details and to volunteer.
- Help out with keeping FUN's social media presence fresh or help with developing new content for the FUN website. Email email@example.com.
- Be part of the newsletter editorial staff. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stand for election in the executive board. Email email@example.com to find out about standing for election, the nomination process, election timeline, etc.