Program Evaluation Resources
The Program and Department Consultations Service (PDCS) is a service offered to undergraduate programs and departments through the FUN Committee on Education. Developed in response to an increasing need for evaluations, the consultation service provides undergraduate neuroscience programs and departments with a list of qualified consultants who will provide feedback that will enable them to improve their programs.
The PDCS maintains a database of faculty consultants with expertise in a broad range of areas. Specific areas include:
- Curriculum (evaluation, development, designing/improving special programs or courses, research experiences or honors)
- Faculty (writing grant proposals, developing funding sources, writing for publication, promoting professional development/mentoring, enhancing/evaluating teacher effectiveness)
- Advising (student advising for career planning, graduate school preparation, changing enrollments, minority recruitment and retention)
- Research facilities (designing neuroscience labs, designing teaching facilities, computer applications for courses, labs, or administration)
- Departmental program evaluation (self-assessments, program evaluation, department evaluation)