FUN Equipment Loan Program
Each year FUN organizes an equipment loan program for faculty.
Applications are currently open. The deadline for the FUN 2020 Equipment Loan Program application submission is: February 29th, 2020 11:59 pm (PST). Awards will be announced in March 2020. Application instructions are here.
The Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) is pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2020 Equipment Loan Program. Annually, the FUN Equipment Loan Program works through collaborations with equipment vendors to develop opportunities for neuroscience faculty to offer their products, services, and trainings on their equipment for up to a two-year loan with the intent to purchase the equipment at the end of the grant program. The vendors are always willing to work with the scientists so please apply even if you want a different version of the equipment listed here.
Through generous donations from ADInstruments (ADI), Data Sciences International (DSI), Noldus Information Technology (NIT), Nikon, San Diego Instruments (SDI) and Stoelting we are now accepting applications for proposals requesting a loan for equipment supporting neuroscience faculty research and/or teaching for FUN members. A complete list of equipment that is available for loan during this grant program cycle here. Please note that only single versions of the equipment listed below are available for loan at this time – it is not possible to request multiple pieces of a single item (unless otherwise noted or the awardee is seeking to purchase these additional pieces of equipment beyond the terms of the FUN Equipment Loan Program).
- See the sub-page linked from the menu for a list of previous winners: https://www.funfaculty.org/equipment_loan_program_winners
How does it work?
- Awardees will be given full use of the equipment granted for a period of 2 years (unless otherwise noted).
- Awardees will absorb all costs associated with shipping the equipment to and from the supplier.
- Awardees will return the equipment at the end of the loan period clean, sanitized (if appropriate), and in good working order to the supplier. Any software included in the loan will uninstalled.
- Any publications or presentations resulting from the use of this equipment will acknowledge the company providing the equipment, as well as the FUN 2-year Equipment Loan Program (ELP) grant.
All current dues-paying members of FUN are eligible to apply for this program. If you are not a member and would like to become one, please go to www.funfaculty.org to join.
Grant program applications will be submitted electronically as a single pdf file to the Co-Chairs of the ELP program: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The deadline for the FUN 2020 Equipment Loan Program application submission is: February 29th, 2020 11:59 pm (PST). Awards will be announced in March 2020. Application instructions are here.Please spread the word about this program to your department and scientific society mailing lists as the more interest we get the better we are positioned to attract new vendors.
If you dont see something that you want in the attached list of equipment, let me or Lorenz know and we will work with the vendors to make it happen.Please email us (Divya Sitaraman: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorenz Neuwirth: email@example.com) if you have any questions and we look forward to your proposals for 2020 equipment loan.